- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided
(6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite size pieces
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Place chicken in a zip-top plastic bag. Add vinegar mixture; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Remove chicken from bag; reserve marinade. Place marinade in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes or until syrupy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; divide mixture in half. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl. Add chicken; sauté 4 minutes. Turn chicken over; brush chicken with half of marinade mixture. Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from oven; brush with remaining half of marinade mixture, turning to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
This was a great quick chicken dish! Let the chicken marinade for a few hours, or even over night! VERY fast to cook after it's prepped. We had this with vegetable gyoza (From Trader Joes), and some stir-fry fresh vegetables. delicious!