Monday, January 23, 2012

Carmelized Onion Paninis

2 tsp olive oil
4 cups sliced onions (4 onions)
4 tsp honey mustard -- you can buy premade. I made my own. Mixed equal parts honey & musatrd.
8 slices whole wheat bread
4 sliced cheese (I used provolone, could use any type you like!)

Heat oil in skillet, add onions, cook over low heat 30 minutes, stirring occasionally - until onions reduce and caramelize.
Preheat panini grill or sandwich maker (I used grill pan & panini press  - can also use flat pan & heavy pan on top). Spread 1 tsp of the honey ustard on each of 4 bread slices. Top evenly with carmelized onions & 1 slice of cheeese. Top with remaining bread pieces.
Place sandwiches on grill, press for 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Flip halfway through if using a pan & press/weight. Serve!


These were DELICIOUS!!! We had them with a salad - spring mix greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, fat free feta  & homemade balsamic! (dressing recipe below) We will be having these again! YUM!

2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic
1 tsp raw honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dijon mustard
juice of 1 lemon (I used my Pampered Chef juicer - works AMAZING!)


In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, dijon mustard & lemon juice. (I shook it all in a mason jar, and stored remaining dressing that way!). Drizzle over salad. ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment